Welcome to your dream holiday with Minna Yoga under the sun & mountains
Have you been dreaming about a holiday under the sun and same time getting fitter and healthier? Then give yourself the gift of well being in a nature and hiking yoga holiday in Spain under breath-taking mountain views.
You will start your day with an energising morning yoga which will set you up for an amazing day. You can choose your daytime activities from several options tailoring your holiday to be as restorative and relaxing or active and exciting as you wish. The day will close with a soft, heart melting yoga session. Experiencing a holiday in a small group shared with likeminded people makes your holiday heart warming, joyful and fun, even if you travel on your own.
Location: L’Espluga de Francoli, Tarragona, Catalonia
L’Espluga is a small authentic mountain village surrounded by the gorgeous mountains Prades. You will be staying just a 15 minute walk from one of numerous mountain hiking routes, which vary from easy to demanding.
Village is surrounded by a leafy natural area, and it has a history in wine production. The Modernist Wine Cellar with its Wine museum is well worth a visit. L’Espluga, is located along the Cistercian Route, and is the anteroom to the Monastery of Poblet. This Cistercian monastery, one of the largest in Spain, was declared a World Heritage by UNESCO in 1991. The village is just 30 minutes from Barcelona Reus airport and journey by train from Barcelona Sants takes 2 hours. Breath taking beaches are just 40 minutes away by train.
Your relaxing holiday will be hosted by Minna a qualified yoga teacher and her partner Didac, who is managing a bar and restaurant La Germandat in L’Espluga with his parents Blanca and Diego. Didac’s father Diego has an Organic allotment and many of fresh vegetables and fruits are provided from there during your stay. We are very excited to welcome you to L’Espluga de Francoli and look forward to sharing this wonderful holiday experience with you.
Minna is from Finland and she moved to UK 10 years ago. She has been practising different styles of yoga for nearly 30 years including Ashtanga, Yin, Vinyasa and Hatha. Minna completed her Yoga teacher training (RYT200) in Norwich 2013 with founder of The Yoga Tree Swami Atma Gyanam Saraswati. She has been providing group and private yoga classes since then and has collaborated on Yoga & Egyptian dance workshops in Norwich, UK.
Minna’s background is registered nurse and she is also qualified in the Japanese system of acupressure know as Shiatsu. Minna first started studying foundation of Shiatsu in Finland back in 2004-2005. She continued her studies under the guidance of Europe’s leading practitioner and teacher Clifford Andrews at Norwich Shiatsu College, graduating in 2012. If you would like to try Shiatsu and experience its health benefits, sessions are available to book with Minna. For further information about Minna and The yoga classes she provided, please visit http://the-flow.co.uk/
We will start the first classes by re establishing the basic postures of yoga and moving with the breath and as the days go on we will introduce more challenging poses. This way if you are new to yoga it is easy to establish a good, solid foundation. Small group will give you a change to go much deeper into your practise if you are a more experience practitioner. Morning yoga classes will include sun salutations and balance poses and will be vinyasa/ hatha flow style. Session will be opening, heating and strengthening practise with relaxation in the end.
You will notice positive change in your body and mind after practising 2 classes a day for 5 days!
Evening class will be calming, relaxing Yin style practise with longer holds on asana. It is time for slowing down and also looking inwards. Holding poses for longer gives you the opportunity to see and accept yourself as you are. Deepening the breath will start to relax your body and your inner radiance starts to reveal it self. It happens to all of us when tension melts away in front of relaxation.
You can be new to yoga but it is recommend that you would attend a few classes before you arrive so that your body will adjust to doing more yoga in a short period of time. Also adding any form of excersice will enable you to benefit from yoga holiday more fully. This is your holiday and you can also skip or take any yoga classes more gently if needed.
If you have any injuries prior to attending the yoga holiday please consult your Dr and physio therapist as to which movements are allowed and which are contraindicated.
Accommodation is in the heart of L’Espluga de Francoli. You are invated to stay with us in a traditional Catalonian family apartment which is divided over three floors where two generations live together. The Yoga studio and your rooms are situated on the first level while the family live on the second and third floors. All 3 apartments are fully independent of each other. They have shared front door access on the ground floor with shared corridor which leads you to your floor.
Yoga studio apartment comprises of 3 bedrooms with up to 2 guests per room. To ensure your stay is comfortable, friendly and relaxed we accommodate up to maximum six guest per visit. There are two shared bathrooms each with toilet and shower/bath. You have full use of the kitchen for prepare your lunch and any snacks. Spacious and airy living room is transformed into the yoga studio. Outside of the guided morning and evening yoga sessions living room can be used to your own yoga practise, meditation, and relaxation or shiatsu treatments with Minna.
You will be able to enjoy the balcony on your first floor apartment with a view of the village whilst enjoy your breakfast and sun.
Your accommodation in this spacious apartment is situated in the heart of the village, just a few minutes walk from the family restaurant La Germandat.
August 15.8- 20.8.2019 470 pounds
Your arrival day on Thursday we will start the first relaxing Yoga class at 18.00- 19:00. You will be able to allow your body and mind unwind after your journey. A nutritious dinner will follow after the class. Your last Yoga class will be held on Tuesday morning before you travel back home.
- Pick up from Reus airport/ L’Espluga train station
- 5 Relaxing evening yoga classes
- 5 Energizing morning yoga classes
- use of yoga mats
- 5 night 6 days accommodation in shared room ( 2 guests)
- 5 Vegetarian Breakfast
- 5 Vegetarian Dinners
- Use of a kichen in the apartment
- Towels and bed linen
- Walking trip to Santa Maria monastery
For further information and inquires please email Minna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To save your place you can a pay deposit of only 150 pounds. As places are limited to only 6 guests per holiday, quick booking is recommended.
The option to arrive a few days earlier or to extend your visit is also posible, depending upon booking availability. If you would like to explore area longer and enjoy facilities here at L’Espluga please contact Minna to express your interest.
Places to visit during your stay
- The Caves of L’Espluga are some of largest caves in Europe. An interesting options during your stay is to visit the Museum Cave of la Font Major. Accidentally discovered in 1853, the cave is composed of a group of underground galleries of karstic origin through which the waters of the River Francolí run and which housed various human settlements throughout History. Part of its installations include an interesting exhibition on the various ways of life of its former settlers, belonging to the Early Palaeolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age periods. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g644332-d4828057-Reviews-Coves_de_l_Espluga-L_Espluga_de_Francoli_Costa_Dorada_Province_of_Tarragona_Catal.html
- Adventure tour at the caves. In addition to the museum visit, the caves offer an adventure route along the subterranean river. Equipped with neoprene suits and headlamps, visitors immerse themselves in various water-filled galleries along the subterranean river-bed until they reach the Biela well chamber. You will be accompanied by specialised guides who will explain the basic speleology techniques and how to discover the characteristics of this cave.
- Museum of rural life. Visitors can find out about the customs, agricultural work, traditional trades and other aspects related to the town’s past. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g644332-d2359794-Reviews-Museum_of_Rural_Life-L_Espluga_de_Francoli_Costa_Dorada_Province_of_Tarragona_Cat.htm
- The Modernist Wine Cellar with its Wine museum https://www.larutadelcister.info/en/museus-espais-visitables/wine-museum-and-modernist-cellar
- Shiatsu treatments by Minna. Treat yourself with a relaxing and healing Shiatsu massage. Shiatsu is a traditional hands-on healing art originating from Japan. Although Shiatsu means “finger pressure” in Japanese, in reality a practitioner will use touch, comfortable pressure and manipulative techniques to adjust the body’s physical structure and to balance its energy flow. Shiatsu is a deeply relaxing experience.
- Several other activities include wall climbing, archery, horse riding, hiring electric or normal bikes to visit mountains or near by villages all of which can be booked advance.
- Several sandy beaches under the palm trees such as Altafulla, & Cambrils around 40 mins by train.
- Villages near by including Montblanc, Prades & Ciurana provide a welcome excursion to soak up the culture and beauty of this region.
Places close by to visit before or after your holiday
- Tarragona One hour by train. City is located on the Mediterranean coast, 60 miles southwest of Barcelona. This former Roman Tarraco offers an important legacy of monuments amid extensive beaches. Its archaeological remains, forming a World Heritage Site, are one of the points of interest of this Catalan city. The city is the smallest of the four province capitals of the region, yet it has the historical and cultural appeal of a larger city. Tarragona is considered the most important Roman town in Spain.
- Reus 30 minutes by train. Reus city centre is awash with gorgeous architecture. Although the town’s main claim to fame is being the home town of Gaudi, it has heaps more to offer than this alone. In parts of the centre, beautiful buildings are so frequent, that you just turn your head and another one is there before your eyes. It has that wonderful feeling of being protected by the mountains, but with the sea only a short distance away. Reus is also know its commercial activity, and as a centre for rock-climbing.
- Barcelona 2 hours by train Barcelona. It is the capital and largest city of Catalonia, as well as the second most populous municipality of Spain. Salvador Dali spent time here and Spanish Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí designed several of the city’s buildings given the city bit surreal feel. Strolling around the streets of Barcelona will bring surprises at every turn. Pedestrian streets in the old quarter, green spaces, and a splendid seafront with a range of modern facilities are a reflection of its multi-faceted character. Barcelona has cleverly succeeded in embracing its past without forgetting its commitment to the future. The city also has lovely urban beaches and marine resorts.
- Theme park Port Ventura is Spain’s largest theme park. PortAventura World is an entertainment resort in Salou and Vila-seca, Tarragona, on the Costa Daurada in Catalonia, Spain.
How to get there
Ryanair and Jet2 are flying to Barcelona Reus from London Stansted airport. Flight takes just two hours. On June- July prices are around 30-50 pounds one way when booked in advance. On August the prices are bit more. Collection from Barcelona Reus airport can be arranged advance. Time to be confirmed later depending what time the guests are due to arrive to airport.
You can also fly to Barcelona ( note two different Barcelona airports Barcelona Reus and Barcelona) and stay over night and then take a train from Sants station. Train takes 2 hours and ticket is about 11 Euros. Collection from L’Espluga de Francoli train station can be arranged in advance.
Cancellation policy: 4 months before start date holiday 100% refund, 10 weeks before 50% refund, 6 weeks before no refund.
Minna & Didac look forward to hearing from you and giving you warm welcome.